[Insight-developers] NRRD Image Format (and tensor estimation thereafter?)

Gordon Kindlmann gk at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 2 12:54:31 EST 2005

hello,

> Reference + DWI Gradient images  ---->
> DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter  -----> itk::Image<
> DiffusionTensor3D< TScalar >, 3 >
>
> To this image you can apply one of the may tensor filters like:
>
> TensorFractionalAnisotropyImageFilter,
> TensorRelativeAnisotropyImageFilter,
> Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter,
> SymmetricEigenAnalysisImageFilter,

Vincent, is this helpful for your purposes, and do the different
types of image make sense?

> I presume your question was "Can the DWI Gradient images" be a
> itk::VectorImage.
> Not with the way the filter is written right now, It expects 'n'
> itk::Images as input, but its very easy to make it expect an
> itk::VectorImage as input. If you want, I can change that or add
> another filter.
>
> Would you rather have it expect a VectorImage ?

Well, if its simply a matter of asking, then yes! :)

I think it would be good to have the Tensor estimation filter take a
VectorImage, since this would allow one to write code that loads an
arbitrary DWI protocol, represented in the NAMIC Nrrd format, and
then estimate tensors and do other processing.

Gordon