[Insight-developers] Building Slicer with ITK CVS

John Melonakos jmelonak at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 6 16:50:20 EST 2005

I'm trying to build Slicer with ITK CVS on Windows.

I originally tried to simply follow the instructions posted at the link
below.

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Slicer:Slicer_2.5_Building

I simply changed the ITK tag in the slicer_variables.tcl file to "HEAD".
This approach was unsuccessful.

Karthik suggested that I mimic the machines that run nightly builds.  I have
tried this with CMake 2.2.3.  I copied the .cmake file that the nightly
builds use, edited a few of the lines and ran the following:

--------

D:\src>"c:\Program Files\CMake 2.2\bin\ctest.exe" -S foo_VS71.cmake -V

Remove binary directory...

Run dashboard with model Nightly

   Source directory: d:/src//slicer2

   Build directory: d:/src//slicer2-Win32-VS71

   Reading ctest configuration file: d:/src/slicer2/CTestConfig.cmake

   Site: foo.GTech

   Build name: Win32-VS71

 Add coverage exclude regular expressions.

Determine Nightly Start Time

   Specified time: 2:00:00 EDT

   Use Nightly tag: 20051206-0600

Updating the repository

   Updating the repository: d:/src//slicer2

   Use CVS repository type

Determine Nightly Start Time

   Specified time: 2:00:00 EDT

* Update repository:

cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.spl.harvard.edu
rejected access to /projects/cvs/slicer for user anonymous

   Gathering version information (each . represents one updated file):

   Project is up-to-date

   Update with command: "d:/src/WinCvs 2.0/cvsnt/cvs.exe" -z3 update -dP -D
"2005-12-06 06:00:00 UTC" failed

Error(s) when updating the project

Output:

Regenerate binary directory structure...

Configure project

Configure with command:
"//Dash11/Shared/Support/SlicerSupport/Lib/win32/tcl-build/bin/tclsh84.exe"
"d:/src//slicer2-Win32-VS71/Scripts/genlib.tcl"

Run command:
"//Dash11/Shared/Support/SlicerSupport/Lib/win32/tcl-build/bin/tclsh84.exe"
"d:/src//slicer2-Win32-VS71/Scripts/genlib.tcl"

   Each . represents 1024 bytes of output

     Size of output: 0K

There was an error: The network path was not found

Build project

Run command:
"//Dash11/Shared/Support/SlicerSupport/Lib/win32/tcl-build/bin/tclsh84.exe"
"d:/src//slicer2-Win32-VS71/Scripts/cmaker.tcl"

   Each symbol represents 1024 bytes of output.

   '!' represents an error and '*' a warning.

     Size of output: 0K

There was an error: The network path was not found

Error(s) when building project

   1 Compiler errors

   0 Compiler warnings

Test project

Constructing a list of tests

No tests were found!!!

D:\src>

--------

I don't know why it complains with the cvs update.  Prior to executing this
command, I checked out a CVS version of slicer with the login "anonymous"
password "bwhspl".

Based on this output, can anyone tell me what is going on?  Does anyone else
have suggestions for a convenient method to build Slicer with ITK CVS on
Windows?

Thanks,

John

----

John Melonakos, ECE PhD Student

Laboratory for Computational Computer Vision

Advisor Dr. Allen Tannenbaum

Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA

<lab> 404.385.5062

<cell> 801.885.3024

<email> jmelonak at ece.gatech.edu