[Insight-developers] question for itk pipeline expert

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Dec 7 07:42:04 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to measure the execution time of a new filter.
It's done with
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/regionalExtrema/perf3D.cxx
Here are the results I get:

[glehmann at marvin build]$ ./perf3D ../ESCells.img
#F      concave vrmin   rmin
0       17.874  2.592   1.74
1       21.022  3.613   2.799

There is a problem: rmin is a sequence of filters which include vrmin, and
so rmin should take more time than vrmin.
Now, if I comment rmin measure and update, I get

[glehmann at marvin build]$ ./perf3D ../ESCells.img
#F      concave vrmin   rmin
0       17.578  0       2.614
1       21.276  0       3.722

Again, there is something wrong: I should get the same value than before
for rmin if vrmin is not updated.

I think there is something hidden in the execution of the pipeline, but I
can't get what.
Can someone look at the code above and tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

I'm using ITK 2.4.1, cmake 2.2.2 and gcc 4.0.1

Thanks,

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann