[Insight-developers] Insight Applications

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Dec 8 11:16:55 EST 2005

Luis:  You seem to be doing the most work with maintaining the
InsightApplications tree, so I thought I'd bug you first.  If there is
someone more appropriate, please let me know.

Luis and others,

I have done quite a bit of work on cleaning up compiler warnings for
InisghtApplications.  In addition, I have it building on SGI/MacOSX
(X11)/Linux successfully.  The MacOSX build requires some
compiletime-fixes to the #ifdef's in order to build against  X11, but no
real code changes.

Here are the 3 major changes that occured:
1)  Compiler warning removed from many many files.
2)  CMakeLists.txt  --  Created a new Macro for giving fine grained
control over what is built:

#This macro allows finer grained control over what gets built by default
MACRO(OPTIONAL_APP ApplicationSourceDirectoryName)
  OPTION(USE_${ApplicationSourceDirectoryName} "Build optional package
${ApplicationSourceDirectoryName}." ON)
  IF(USE_${ApplicationSourceDirectoryName})
    SUBDIRS(${ApplicationSourceDirectoryName})
  ENDIF(USE_${ApplicationSourceDirectoryName})
ENDMACRO(OPTIONAL_APP ApplicationSourceDirectoryName)

#Build the Auxiliary directory on which many applications depend
OPTIONAL_APP(Auxiliary)

## replaced all SUBDIRS with OPTIONAL_APP

3)  Updated FindFLTK.cmake to fix problems when using  an installed
version of FLTK instead of the original source/binary tree.

If you want to see the exact code changes, you can get a tarball from:
http://www.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/users/hjohnson/InsightApplications.tar.gz

I'd like to make these contributions soon, but wanted to make sure that
it does not conflict with anybody's release cycle.

Regards,
Hans J. Johnson