[Insight-developers] Re: Build errors on SGI (muse)

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Dec 8 13:30:18 EST 2005

Hi Hans and Kent

Thank you very much for looking at this. I just committed a fix for it.
Bill Hoffman had an account at Muse.

SGI is unable to resolve typeinfo for VectorImage. I have no clue why.
So the dynamic_cast was replaced with a static_cast, with ivar checks to
ensure that an incorrect cast does not happen. It looks like it compiles
now.

Hans Johnson wrote:

> Karthik,
>
> I needed to use "nm -C" on IRIX for demangling.   c++filt does not
> exist on IRIX.

Its there in /usr/lib/c++/c++filt
Funny that doesn't exist in the path. Maybe you want to add an alias or
link into /usr/bin

Thanks
karthik