[Insight-developers] ImageRegistration{3, 4, 5}Tcl tests failing on Linux 64 bit compiles

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:51:45 EDT 2005

You'll excuse me for replying to my own post, but ...

On reflection I thing this problem on 64bit platforms is this: if you
pass a zero into a varargs function as one of the va_args, doesn't it go
on the stack as a 32-bit int? The code inside SWIG_GetArgs seems to
assume the variable parameters are pointers, which would be 64 bits.

If SWIG_GetArgs expects three (possibly null) 64bit pointers based on
the format string, and it only had 3 32 bit words stacked by the caller,
it will incorrectly mess with the stack pointer starting with the second
pointer it tries to access.

If someone can point me into the CSwig code where it generates code for
the SWIG_GetArgs, I'll try and figure out how to fix this problem.