[Insight-developers] Competition?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jun 15 15:53:47 EDT 2005

mmm, not quite ITK-ish

          http://www.mitk.net/introduction.htm

   "...Much as the style of VTK, MITK uses the traditional
       Object-Oriented design method, and doesn't use the
       Generic Programming style used by ITK...So the syntax
       and interface of MITK is simple and intuitive."

    I bet they even use short names for their variables     :-)

They seem to have also some Licensing learning to do:

           "Now MITK is a free software and
            can be used freely in research
            and education purpose."

But.. Hey, let's not be "Microsoft-minded", Diversity must
be celebrated, so any attempts for contributing to the
Open Access movement are welcome.

Let's not see them as competition but as people with a fresh
point of view from whom we may learn new ways of doing things.