[Insight-developers] itkGaussianKernelFunction

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Wed Mar 2 10:09:20 EST 2005

Hi Luis 8),

  Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be helpful to set the mean and variance on an instance of GaussianKernelFunction?  Currently, it is 0 mean, unit variance with no mechanism to change it.  Having the object do the calculations rather than my code will help reduce errors.  On the other hand, itkMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx lines 201-203 uses only one (Gaussian)KernelFunction for both the Fixed and Moving images.  Adding the capability to GaussianKernelFunction would not break code, but would allow greater flexibility.  I'd like to make the change, if there are no objections.

Comments?
-dan

Daniel Blezek, PhD
GE Global Research