[Insight-developers] my change to 1+1ES optimizer breaks some tests

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 2 12:55:53 EST 2005

Hello,

I committed my proposed changes to the
itkOnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer yesterday. This had the (somewhat
expected) effect of breaking a few of the tests.

The tests listed below all broke yesterday, and all depend on the 1+1ES
optimizer. I could go through the tests and re-calibrate them to the
the new optimizer to stop the breakage. This, for example, would
clearly be OK for the first test listed, which breaks by a matter of
five or ten edge pixels out of several hundred. The second test listed
breaks by a little bit more than that though... so I'm not sure if I
should just blindly go through "fixing" tests, or if I should
communicate with the test authors about recalibrating the tests to the
modified (and almost certainly more correct)
itkOnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer class.

Any thoughts?

Zach

Broken tests for which I claim responsibility
http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20050302-0500-Nightly/TestDetail/
__Examples_Segmentation_GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorCallosumTest.html

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20050302-0500-Nightly/TestDetail/
__Examples_Registration_ImageRegistration14Test.html

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20050302-0500-Nightly/TestDetail/
__Testing_Code_Numerics_Statistics_itkGoodnessOfFitMixtureModelCostFunct
ionTest.html

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20050302-0500-Nightly/TestDetail/
__Testing_Code_Algorithms_itkSpatialObjectToImageRegistrationTest.html