[Insight-developers] Image Orientation Progress(2)

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Mon Mar 14 10:58:10 EST 2005

One thought...

If image allows for origin, scaling (spacing), and orientation, then
this API will begin to parallel the spatialObjects API.   There are
several notable differences, and I do NOT suggest that we attempt to
merge these constructs, but looking at them both might be useful.

In particular, since we are essentially now supporting a transform
within an image, do we want to do like the rest of the transforms and
have a center of rotation and parameters?  Center of rotation would
default to the origin and not change behaviour by default.   The
motivation is that Lydia (just me trying to share the blame :) ) and
others agree that a center of rotation is essential to registration.
With these additions, image registration could be specified 100%
internal to the image - via its transform.   It becomes a spatial object
of sorts.

I don't feel strongly about this in any way, but it should be considered
now rather than later....

Stephen