[Insight-developers] Enhanced logging mechanism

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:24:42 EST 2005

Insight Developers.

I wanted to incorporate the itk Logging mechanism written by  Hee-Su Kim
into our BRAINS application.  This was a wonderful solution that did
everything I needed, except that I could not live with the hard-coded
message formats (30 characters of timestamps + the log name + a : "The
actual log message").  I've enhanced this class so that the generation
of the message format is independent of the rest of the logging logic,
and derived classes can simply provide any message format.

The default behavior is 100% backwards compatible with the previous
code.  I've successfully tested the code on several platforms.

If I do not hear back from anyone, I will make these additions this
weekend (and I will monitor the dashboard very closely the entire time).

Regards,
Hans