[Insight-developers] optimization question

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:52:43 EST 2005

Hi,
This query is somewhat related to Gaetan's query of a few days ago.

Suppose I construct a processing pipeline of filters that use
neighborhood information of a known size - e.g a local neighborhood
for region growing type algorithms. If I am happy to ignore the border
I might set the image region that I pass to the pipeline to be a
subset equivalent to that computed by the faces calculator. Would the
code that detects boundary conditions get disabled in this case?

I suspect that in some situtations it might be a easy to optimize
using this kind of trick at the pipeline level, and I suspect that the
code for dealing with regions might do the right thing already.

Can anyone confirm?