[Insight-developers] how to make a filter with 2 inputs of different type ?

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Oct 10 05:13:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm building a filter with 2 inputs of different type. I looked at
LabelStatisticImageFilter which do the same, but can't make mine build if
I give to the template to different types (it works just fine if the 2
parameters are the same type). The error message is:

/home/gaetan/itk-wraptest/Insight/Code/BasicFilters/itkMorphologicalWatershedFromMarkersImageFilter.txx:53:
error: invalid const_cast from type 'const itk::Image<short unsigned int,
3u>*' to type 'itk::Image<long unsigned int, 3u>*'

The code is available at
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/itk-wraptest/Insight/Code/BasicFilters/itkMorphologicalWatershedFromMarkersImageFilter.h
and
http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/itk-wraptest/Insight/Code/BasicFilters/itkMorphologicalWatershedFromMarkersImageFilter.txx
and will be contributed to the insight journal as soon as this problem is
solved (and the docstring written)

Can someone tell me what needs to be done to make it work ?

Thanks,

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann