[Insight-developers] GDCM Failure

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 11 14:09:14 EDT 2005

Matheiu (and others),

Our group is attempting to use the ITK/GDCM components to convert dicom
images to the newly added nifti format using the cast convert program.
For the most part, this works very well, but there is a failure in
making the dicom file list from a directory for some types of data.

I have an example data set that causes GDCM to fail:
http://www.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/users/hjohnson/castconvert_failed.tar.gz

This same data set can be converted to nifti file format with the afni
to3d tool, and with the BRAINS file readers/writers.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hans