[Insight-developers] itkDenseFrequencyContainer.txx

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Oct 18 16:30:01 EDT 2005

Should itkDenseFrequencyContainer.txx be removed from the repository?  It looks like DenseFrequencyContainer was changed from a templated class to a non-templated class and this file was orphaned.

On a side note. I just banged my head against a wall for a couple of hours trying to figure out why code that built against an ITK from early August would not build against ITK 2.2.  While the change to make DenseFrequencyContainer non-templated did not result in any compiler
error in my existing code base (DenseFrequencyContainer had resonable defaults for its template parameters before), my program would no longer link.  Since DenseFrequencyContainer used to be templated, I did not have to link against ITKStatistics.  Now that is non-templated, my program needs to link against ITKStatistics.

Not a huge deal but it took me a while to deduce the link errors.

This is yet another type of backward compatibility issue that we need to monitor.

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C223
1 Research Circle, Schenectady NY 12309-1027

millerjv at research.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at research.ge.com>
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981