[Insight-developers] Re: Vector image pixel type ?

Gordon Kindlmann gk at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 13 11:06:52 EDT 2005

hello,

>>  One could further
>> imagine doing vector-valued non-linear filtering (such as anisotropic
>> diffusion), which requires some notion of a gradient.
>
> I can certainly see operators for linear filters.. How do you define
> non-linear operators on the pixel type ?
>
> What is exp( Array< float > ) ?

I'm sorry, I was being too clever when I said this.  My only point
was that you want to be able to measure some kind of a gradient, in
order to implement non-linear filtering.  I wasn't referring to non-
linear operations (like exp()) on pixels themselves; and I can't
currently imagine a use for such an operation.

Gordon