[Insight-developers] Pareto Front

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 25 21:54:14 EDT 2005

Hi Sanders s,

ITK has a single Genetic Algorithm (or Evolutionary Algortihm
depending on how you prefer to call them). This is the OnePlusOne
Optimizer.

It will be great to add more genetic algorithms. One possibility
is to build on top of existing genetic algorithm libraries like
the ones listed in

        http://www.aic.nrl.navy.mil/galist/src/

and only write ITK wrappers for them.  In this way we can avoid
to have to reimplement the details of the algorithms.

If we go this way, we should prefer a library that has a similar
Open Source license to ITK (that is NOT GPL).

Please let us know if you find this option interesting,