[Insight-developers] USE_FFTWF and USE_FFTWD and Exlicit Instantiation

Kent Williams kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 24 14:29:56 EDT 2006

I spent some time this morning looking at the itkFFTDirectInverse2 test
and frankly I was baffled.

This test makes a new file by going from image->fft->ifft->image, and
then comparing the input image with the output image.  I looked at both
images in the Gimp, and they appear to be exactly the same -- pixel 0,0
== 255, everything else 0.  But the test fixture main() (in
itkTestMain.h) compares the two files, and says they're different. I
don't know who to believe -- the test fixture or my lying eyes?

Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> It doesn't segfault anymore :-)
> http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/marvin.jouy.inra.fr/Mandriva2006.0-i586-gcc4.0.1-ExplicitInstantiation-Debug/20060823-1723-Experimental/Test.html
>
> There is still a problem with one test, but I'm not sure that's
> related to  your changes. It's surely better to wait for the tests of
> the other  testing hosts.
>
> I will look at wrapping those modified classes now. It should be much
> easy  :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gaetan
>
> Le Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:35:28 +0200, Kent Williams
> <kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu> a écrit:
>
>> I discovered and corrected this error. Thanks for pointing it out! I
>> didn't set the first element of the index for the output image
>> region; I  don't know why this didn't break tests before, other than
>> the usual:  happenstance in memory layout, dumb luck, etc.
>>
>> Gaetan Lehmann wrote:

>>> Hi Kent,
>>>
>>> That's nice to have it build, but there is still lots of problems
>>> with   those filters. I tried to trace the errors, but fixing them
>>> is not in  my  capabilities :-(
>>> Can you have a look at them ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Gaetan
>>>

>>> [glehmann at marvin build-debug]$ ctest -R FFT
>>> Start processing tests
>>> Test project
>>> 719/1092 Testing itkVnlFFTTest                    Passed
>>> 720/1092 Testing itkFFTWF_FFTTest              ***Exception: SegFault
>>> 721/1092 Testing itkFFTWD_FFTTest              ***Exception: SegFault
>>> 996/1092 Testing FFTImageFilterTest               Passed
>>> 997/1092 Testing FFTDirectInverse2Test         ***Failed
>>> 998/1092 Testing FFTImageFilterTest2              Passed