[Insight-developers] ITK 2.8 Repository Tagged & Branched : GDCM issues.

Simon Warfield warfield at crl.med.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 7 21:06:18 EDT 2006

Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Yesterday we committed a fix for this issue in both
> the ITK 2.8 branch and in the main CVS trunk.
>
> Please update the CVS checkout of ITK 2.8
>
> e.g.:
>

>     cvs -q update -dP -r ITK-2-8
>

> That should bring the correction that we committed yesterday.
>

> Please let us know if you find any other problem,
Dear Luis,

  Thanks for your help.

With these changes, the build tree root gets an ITKConfig.cmake that has
the correct gdcm entry to set the ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS.

However, there is still a problem with the operation.

In my clean build , the build root/Utilities directory also gets an
ITKConfig.cmake file.

This ITKConfig.cmake does not have the gdcm include directory.
These are both created by the source file itkGenerateITKConfig.cmake ,
but the first is generated with:
# Determine the include directories needed.
SET(ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_CONFIG
  ${ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_BUILD_TREE}
  ${ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_SOURCE_TREE}
  ${ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_SYSTEM}
)

  and the second is generated with:
# Include directories.
SET(ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_CONFIG
  ${ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_INSTALL_TREE}
  ${ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_SYSTEM}
)

That is, the ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS_BUILD_TREE include directories (which has
the GDCM include directories) are excluded from the ITKConfig.cmake file
generated into Utilities.

This version of ITKConfig.cmake is then installed into the install tree.

I don't know why two different ITKConfig.cmake files get generated.
I don't know why one of them has certain include directories excluded.

The end result is that the GDCM API is not exposed, and code calling
GDCM fails to find the include files and fails to build.

  It would be great if the right config file was generated.
--
Simon

Simon K. Warfield, Ph.D.        warfield at crl.med.harvard.edu
Phone: 617-732-7090                      FAX:   617-582-6033
Associate Professor of Radiology,     Harvard Medical School
Director, Computational Radiology Laboratory
Departments of Radiology at Children's Hospital and
Brigham and Women's Hospital,
Thorn 329, Dept Radiology,  Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis St, Boston, MA, 02115
MA 280, Dept Radiology, Children's Hospital Phone: 617-355-4566