[Insight-developers] Re: Integrating WrapITK into ITK CVS

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Nov 2 09:48:53 EST 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 00:01:12 +0200, Bill Hoffman
<bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> OK, so it sounds like the next step would be to investigate the
> generation
> of swig .i files from gccxml.  I agree it would solve a bunch of problems
> if it can be made to work.    It would be better to get this working,
> than to do another swig update in CableSwig.  Now, we just need the time
> to do it....
>
> As far as the investigation goes, I would say hand wrapping a few
> classes in itk that cross wrapper library boundaries would be the
> first step.   Any takers?

yes, I've done it, and it seem to work :-))

I have used (the very good) pygccxml to parse the output of gccxml for the
wrap_itkImage.cxx file, and generated an output which compile and run
without problem.
The generator program is attached.

The program takes 2 arguments:

    igenerator.py wrap_XXX.xml wrap_XXX.cxx

wrap_XXX.cxx is required to be included in the generated c++ file
It currently display the result on the standard output - that's only a
test program which should be recoded in c.

The next step is to define how to organize things in a consistent way, so
it can scale with the whole wrapping process. For example, a wrapper must
know that a superclass is wrapped in another file. Any Idea ?

Regards,

Gaetan

PS: Bill, Zach, sorry for the duplicate: the message has been rejected by
the list (too big, with the output file)

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)