[Insight-developers] FEM Optimization

Stephen R. Aylward Stephen.Aylward at Kitware.com
Tue Nov 7 15:25:05 EST 2006

The speed and copyright issues with FEM optimization in the
itkFEMRegistrationFilterTest seem to be resolved.

I'm sending the changes to Luis to submit to cvs.

The changes were made to dsrc2c.c in Insight/Code/Numerics/FEM
- Removed zbrent - copyright issue
- Removed eqrt1s - copyright issue
- Removed eigvss_ - required zbrent
- Changed call in eigvns_ to eqrt1s with call to v3p_netlib_tqlrat
- Modified chgcon_ to always call eigvns_
    - Before would call eigvss_ if the matrix used symmetric storage
       but we've hard-coded itkFEMLinearsystemWrapperItpack
       to always use nonsymmetric storage

The optimizer now runs in a matter of seconds.

Stephen