[Insight-developers] Problems with vnl_math_rnd

Lorensen, William E (GE, Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Thu Nov 9 12:35:31 EST 2006

Folks,

Fisrt of all, this is not critical for the release.

I was tracing down some test failues on windows vs70 and vs71. There are
three related tests that are failing:

itkInterpolateTest, ResampleImageFilter3Test1 and
ResampleImageFilter9Test.

Vnl_math_rnd uses assember code to round floating point numbers for some
windows compilers. Apparently, these round up on .5 rather than rounding
down. I temporary replaced the vnl_math_rnd call in itkImageFunction
with a C version and all of the three tests passed.

We should look at this after the release. It only affecte nearest
neighborhood calculations.

Bill