[Insight-developers] Re: Wrapping, Java and Visual Studio

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Sun Oct 15 17:57:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

Le Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:37:29 +0200, Bill Lorensen <wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com>
a écrit:

> Folks,
>
> As we discussed on Friday's t-con, it looks like windows has problems
> with the long file names generated for java wrapping. Unless there is a
> simple fix, I suggest that we disable java wrapping on visual studio
> compilers. We have to get the dashboard green before the release. I'm
> afraid that the continuing errors that we see are masking other problems.

Please, do !
I have asked for that some days ago for one build, because I'm also afraid
it can mask some other errors.
Java is a particular case, because of the long file names generated.
Python and tcl don't have that problem, so it would be nice if we can be
sure everything pass for those languages before the release.
We'll have to see later what can be done for those long file names. I
don't have that problem on the 3 hosts I'm using, so that's not something
I thought to fix before - at least java builds on reiserfs and hfs file
systems.

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann