[Insight-developers] WrapITK must found ImageCompare to run the tests

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Sep 7 06:10:54 EDT 2006

Hi,

To implement WrapITK's tests, I have used ImageCompare, which is not by
default in ITK.
There is several possible ways to go:
  (1) add ImageCompare to ITK
  (2) implement the image comparaison in the test drivers
  (3) implement a test driver in c++ usable for all the languages, and able
to compare the images

(1) is the simplest one, and would be much give ImageCompare by default to
the user, so it would be easier to begin to prepare a contribution to the
insight journal
(2) will duplicate the image comparaison task - not so good
(3) should be mainly an adaptation of the ITK test driver to set the
environment needed to run the tests with the target languages. Also, I
think that this test driver would be better for the insight journal than
ImageCompare: we can run the test and validate its results in a single
test; it is not possible with ImageCompare. Finally, it should be easy
with this one to fix the lib path problem with java

My preference goes to (3) - please let me know what you think about that

Thanks,

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann