[Insight-developers] Itkzlib stuck at version 1.1.4?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 6 13:28:31 EDT 2007

On 8/4/07 6:16 PM, Luis Ibanez said:

>I would suggest to start with and easy chunk and just
>update the zlib library in ITK. If that goes well,
>then make the same updates in VTK.

OK, that will be my approach then.

>Then move to jpeg... and so on.

I have only volunteered for zlib! :)  And I have filed this bug for this
endeavour:
<http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=5445>

>Each one of those updates will take approximately one
>week. Committing the changes themselves will be just a
>matter of hours, but stabilizing the Dashboard in all
>the platforms after the commits does typically requires
>a week of discontinuous work.

I will definitely run all tests before committing anything.

>You want to run Experimental builds in at least Windows,
>Linux and Mac, before committing the changes to the CVS
>repository.

Alas, I only have access to Mac OS X.

Anyone out there want to volunteer testing my patch on linux & windows?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com