[Insight-developers] ITK Coursework

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Sun Dec 9 12:00:14 EST 2007

Luis,

Thanks.  Could this go in the ITK WIKI page along with a link to the
materials by Damion Shelton (or better yet a permanent replication of of
Damion's presentations in InsightDocuments, Damion Shelton's lectures are
at  http://www.vialab.org/methods_course/index_old.html).  These are such
great resources, and I think that developing and advertising a repository of
teaching materials would be helpful to the group.

In this case, several Biomedical and Electrical engineering professors came
to me for advice on how to incorporate ITK into their classes.  I provided
them with the InsightDocuments repsitory right away, but it needs an index
like you provided below.  I looked around for a few hours, and resorted to
sending e-mails to you.

>From the ITK wiki, I did searches for "Teaching", "Courses", "Class
Materials", and even "InsightDocuments", but did not find anything that
seemed appropriate for getting started.

If you make a page on the WIKI, I will start collecting information that
will help someone generating a college course in Medical Image Processing
pull the correct resources together.

Hans