[Insight-developers] NumericTraits for VariableLengthVector & Visual Studio 6.0

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 10 08:16:28 EST 2007

Just for the record:

In the past couple of days we were experimenting with
factorizing all the NumericTraits of the VariableLengthVector
by using a single template.

The basic idea is that:

  NumericTraits< Vector< T > > = Vector < NumericTraits< T > >

The replacement template worked fine in most compilers,
except the beloved and magnificent Visual Studio 6.0.   :-/

This is the reason why "dash13.kitware" is displaying
compilation errors in the Dashboard.

I'll try today to add a variant for VS6.0 based on Macros,
that hopefully one day we will be able to get rid off.

Any suggestions are welcome,