[Insight-developers] Help to debug on LInux64 and Mac 10.5

Alexandre GOUAILLARD hanfei at caltech.edu
Wed Dec 19 20:48:33 EST 2007

Hi sean,

And thanks for your quick reply.
I thought about the 64 bits issue, but the test seems to pass ok on the
following machines:
Kraepelin.uiowa    IRIX64
crunch1.isi.nl     linux64-g++-4.0.2

The output of the test shows that some points are duplicated. Even funnier,
the number of duplicated points is not the same depending on the
configuration (deb/rel).

Site Name: RogueResearch4
Build Name: Mac10.5-InsightBS-dbg
0: [0, 0, 1]
1: [0, 1, 0]
2: [1, 0, 0]
3: [0, 0, 0]
4: [0, 0, 1]   *** #0
5: [1, 1, 1]
6: [3, 1, 1]
7: [2, 1, 1]
8: [3, 0, 1]
9: [2, 0, 1]
10: [3, 1, 0]
11: [2, 1, 0]
12: [3, 0, 0]
13: [2, 0, 0]
14: [4, 1, 1]
15: [3, 1, 1]  *** #6
16: [4, 0, 1]
17: [4, 1, 0]
18: [4, 0, 0]

Site Name: RogueResearch4
Build Name: Mac10.5-InsightBS-rel
20 points:
0: [0, 0, 1]
1: [0, 1, 0]
2: [1, 0, 0]
3: [0, 0, 0]
4: [0, 0, 1]  *** #0
5: [0, 1, 0]  *** #1
6: [1, 0, 0]  *** #2
7: [1, 1, 1]
8: [3, 1, 1]
9: [2, 1, 1]
10: [3, 0, 1]
11: [2, 0, 1]
12: [3, 1, 0]
13: [2, 1, 0]
14: [3, 0, 0]
15: [2, 0, 0]
16: [4, 1, 1]
17: [4, 0, 1]
18: [4, 1, 0]
19: [4, 0, 0]

There is no Id checking at the point container level, so I suspect the
itk::AutomaticTopologyMeshSource<>::AddPoint() method
(Code\Algorithms\itkAutomaticTopologyMeshSource.txx:52) not to do its job
correctly.

Strange, because the original test does not fail .... Might be because point
container type by defualt in the itk::mesh and itk::QuadEdgeMesh are
different?

If you had time, would you mind to take a look at what happen there?

Alex.