[Insight-developers] Annoying Deprecation Warnings

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Dec 20 11:37:42 EST 2007

On 12/20/07 7:48 AM, Bill Lorensen said:

>What concerns mean is the generation of so many warnings (even if they are
>correct).
>
>I'll try Sean's suggestion later today.

It occurred to me that VTK does not seem to have this problem... VTK's
macro is the same as ITK's:

#define itkLegacyMacro(method) method __attribute__((deprecated))
#  define VTK_LEGACY(method) method __attribute__((deprecated))

But VTK uses it like so:

  VTK_LEGACY(static int CreateDirectoryA(const char* dir));

Where ITK does:

  itkLegacyMacro( virtual const GMatrixType &
    ComputeG(const InputVectorType& landmarkVector) const; )

Oh how I wish ITK and VTK shared more code.... :)

So ITK's 10 or so uses of the macro can simply be fixed.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com