[Insight-developers] Re: building wrappers with visual c++ 2005 express edition

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Jan 11 06:03:20 EST 2007

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:39:42 +0100, Gaëtan Lehmann
<gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr> wrote:

> Le Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:39:44 +0100, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> a
> écrit:
>
>> Brad King wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> You have to use the modern Platform SDK (PSDK) linked from the VC 2005
>>> express download page.  The old 2003 PSDK will not work.
>>
>> I take that back.  I just noticed the "R2" on that line.  You're using
>> an even newer version than GCC-XML is setup to support.  I'll have to
>> fix GCC-XML to support this new version.
>
> Do you think it can be done soon, or should I ask to the admin of the
> server to downgrade to an older version ?

The admin have installed the previous version from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en

There is still a problem: in file bin\Vc8ex\Include\deque, line 341

	friend class _Deque_iterator<_Ty, _Alloc, !_SECURE_VALIDATION>>;

have to be changed to

	friend class _Deque_iterator<_Ty, _Alloc, !_SECURE_VALIDATION>;

(one of the ">" shouldn't be there).
It's building now, but it would be nice to have a fix for that.

And a support for the last PSDK :-)

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann