[Insight-developers] ITK Dashboard cleanup

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Wed Jan 24 20:42:43 EST 2007

Folks-

The ITK dashboard has been less than green for too long now. As I
result, I have tasked Dave Cole to clean up the dashboard. (Dave
recently did a fine job cleaning the VTK dashboard.) I have directed
Dave to be ruthless with his efforts; many lingering problems need
cleaning even if it means removing code or touching sacred cows.

The motivation for doing this, besides the fact that we care about the
quality of the system, is that the ITK program manager Dr. Terry Yoo at
the National Library of Medicine, supports Kitware to maintain and
extend the software, and rightfully expects the quality to remain high.
Also, other efforts such as NIH's US National Centers of Biomedical
Computation, in particular NAMIC (the National Alliance of Medical Image
Computing na-mic.org, which is now developing the next generation
Slicer3 application http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Slicer3),
depend on stable, quality software. And I'm sure many of you in the ITK
community have your own research and/or applications that will benefit
from these efforts.

So please bear with us as we clean house. If you wish to help that's
great, we welcome any contributions that aim to improve the system's
quality. Feel free to contact Dave if you'd like to coordinate with him
on assignments.

Will