[Insight-developers] Expect Some Dashboard Instability

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:14:11 EST 2007

Folks,

I'm attempting to get the itk Factory Mechanism working as it should. There
is some dashboard instability as a result. Here are the current issues:

1) On gnu platforms, massive memory leaks because I have disabled the
cleanup of factories. Currently, if I enable the cleanup, the programs
crash.

2) On 64 bit platforms, special cmake adjustments for guild that have static
libs. So far I have not specified the proper mojo to get this to work. I
don't have a 64 bit system available and there is not a continuous build. I
have to rely on one shot per day on the nightlies.

3) On the Mac, shared libraries are not being loaded. I don't have a Mac
available for testing. Once I resolve 1 and 2, I may ask for some help from
a Mac expert.

4) I have disabled library loading for the Borland systems. My initial
experience was that Borland went into an infinite loop when itkLoad was
called.

Keeping you posted,

Bill