[Insight-developers] a problem with cable swig cvs

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Nov 19 10:04:46 EST 2007

Hi Brad,

I see that you have added the gcc 4.2 support in cableswig cvs.
That's great :-)
I'll test it soon.

However, I noticed a new problem with cableswig cvs. The python
typemaps are broken, I think because of a very simple problem: the
numbers in the template name get an additionnal "u" compared to the
previous version. It seem to break the comparison of types produced
by the swig "$descritor()" command.

For example, itk::Image< unsigned short, 3 > is now translated in:

   SWIGTYPE_p_itk__ImageTunsigned_short_3u_t

but it was:

   SWIGTYPE_p_itk__ImageTunsigned_short_3_t

with cableswig 3.4

The .xml files also have that additional "u" (as well as the .idx
files), so it seem that this change in the behavior comes from gccxml.

I'm not sure what is the best way to proceed: restore the previous
behavior in gccxml, or patch cableswig to make it produce that
additionnal "u", as gccxml does?

Regards,

Gaëtan

--