[Insight-developers] running a valgrind analysis

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Mon Nov 19 10:07:18 EST 2007

Hi,

For a few weeks, I've been runing "make Nightly" on my machine,
submitting an entry to the dashboard.  This works fine.

I was under the impression that it is equivalent to:

  make NightlyStart NightlyUpdate NightlyConfigure NightlyBuild NightlyTest NightlySubmit

However, that fails at the NightlyConfigure stage without any helpful
diagnostics.

My goal is to try out he valgrind analysis.  I had trouble finding
much documentation on it, but eventually found a "NightlyMemCheck"
make target.  I had intended to drop NightlyMemCheck into the "make
NightlyStart ..." line.

Before delving too far into cmake, ctest, and dart magic, I thought
I'd ask here if there's something I'm obviously overlooking.

Thanks,
-Steve