[Insight-developers] Re: BOOST_FUNCTION_COMPARE_TYPE_ID

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:23:32 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 6:49 PM, Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr> wrote:

> Le 29 nov. 07 à 18:20, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
>

> > My message was truncated...
> >
> > On Nov 29, 2007 6:06 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
> > <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ok, found it:
> >>
> >> if dl and (os.name == 'posix'):
> >>     sys.setdlopenflags(dl.RTLD_NOW|dl.RTLD_GLOBAL)
> >>
> >> Ahhh nevermind, we have a
> >
> > ... a custom wrapping system partly using swig. I simply had to add at
> > the very top of the python script the proper dl flags...
> >
> > That was nasty...
>
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> We should already have those flags set both in WrapITK and the
> current wrapping system.
> Can you explain a bit more what was the fix?

I am loading swig-wrapped library that link to ITK lib. Therefore my
python environement is still set with dl.RTLD_LOCAL.
You should be able to reproduce the bug, by simlpy doing import
NameOfITKLib (in which case itk.py is never explicitely loaded and
your symbols are not globals...).

2 cents,
--
Mathieu