[Insight-developers] Error to compile ITK 3.8.0 on Cygwin platform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Aug 1 16:05:00 EDT 2008

Hi Thomas,

GDCM uses the UUID library in order to generate unique identifiers.

CMake searches for the library at configuration time, and it if
finds it, it enables its use in

     Insight/Utilities/gdcm/CMakeLists.txt

It would seem that in your Cygwin configuration you have an
inconsistent combination of the UUID headers and libraries.

You may want to try modifying the line 18 of the file

     Insight/Utilities/gdcm/CMakeLists.txt

to disable the use of UUID,

or, verifying your Cygwin installation to make sure that
you have a consistent combination of the UUID header and
libraries.