[Insight-developers] Error to compile ITK 3.8.0 on Cygwin platform

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 08:40:43 EDT 2008

Matthieu,

I receive the same error that Thomas sees. I tried your fix and now I
get several erros saying that UUID is not defined.

As a temporary workaround I added the following:

#if defined(_WIN32)
#define HAVE_UUIDCREATE
#elif defined(__CYGWIN__)
#undef HAVE_UUIDCREATE
#else
#ifdef GDCM_SYSTEM_UUID_FOUND
#define HAVE_UUID_GENERATE
#include "uuid/uuid.h"
#endif
#endif

If I have a chance this weekend, I'll investigate further.

Bill