[Insight-developers] Building ITK with libxml support

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sun Aug 10 14:54:25 EDT 2008

Hello:

When I turn ITK_USE_LIBXML2 on, I get the following error:

CMake Error: Error in CMake code at
Insight/Utilities/CMakeLists.txt:89
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY not given a binary directory but the given source directory
Insight-vs9/Utilities/itklibxml2 is not a subdir of Insight/Utilities.
When specifying an
out of tree source a binary directory must be explicitly specified.

I chose to have libXML2 downloaded via subversion, since it is not
installed on my machine. I am using CMake 2.4, VS9.
Do I need to up my cmake to 2.6 ?

karthik