[Insight-developers] Bug in itkShrinkImageFilter

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 9 23:38:48 EST 2008

Luis and Bill,

I think I¹ve uncovered a bug in the itkShrinkImageFilter that has
ramifications in any use of the itkMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilterTest.

I was writing a program that aligns the mid-sagital plane with the center of
an image, and found that as I went from low-resolution estimates to
high-resolution estimates, the center of mass of the object in the different
scale images would change.

A new test (currently failing) has been added, and the patch that makes that
test pass has been included in the Bug report:

This change, however, will cause any of the tests that depend on the
MultiResolutionPyramidImage (and prehaps others) to start failing.  I¹d like
your advice on how to get this bug fix resolved in the least obtrusive way.

Thanks,
Hans