[Insight-developers] Writing a test for streaming

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Dec 15 18:28:12 EST 2008

Greetings,

	I am starting to write a test to determine if a pipeline is
streaming. The StreamingImageFilter uses the ShrinkImageFilter for its
test, and the shrink filter does not stream, yet this test is passing.
So I am hoping to add to the tests of these two classes to check the
execution of the pipeline.
	Unfortunately I  don't see any other tests that look at the pipeline
execution this closely. I very likely could have missed something
though. So I wrote a little monitoring image filter class which
records regions used in EnlargeOutputRequestedRegion,
GenerateInputRequestedRegion,  and the actual regions copied from the
input region in GenerateData. By comparing the number and sizes of
these regions we can determine if the pipeline is being executed as
advertised.
	I am just finally getting going with the adopt a bug program and want
to make sure that I am on the right track with things.

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for