[Insight-developers] CHANGES TO itkRigid3DTransform and itkRigid2DTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Dec 19 13:02:26 EST 2008

Hi Hans,

The Rigid3DTransform is not intended to be used directly.

It probably should have been made an abstract class.

Calling GetParameters() and SetParameters() in the Rigid3DTransform,
should not be allowed either. (although this won't be an issue if
we make the class abstract).

The classes to use are its derives classes, that define the
specific parameterizations.

In particular:

   *   itkVersorRigid3DTransform    = Versor
   *   itkEuler3DTransform          = Euler Angles
   *   itkQuaternionRigidTransform  = Quaternion
   *   itkVersorTransform           = Versor

My suggestion would be to rather make itkRigid3DTransform an
abstract class.

Although at this point, this may not be the right backward
compatible solution....

    Luis