[Insight-developers] vnl updates

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 29 10:51:24 EST 2008

Hi Tom,

The common practice is to update VNL about every two years.

The following weeks could be a good time for engaging in that update,
in which case a new version could be available with ITK 3.12.

We are checking the time availability of our VNL gurus...  :-)

Updating a single .h file is usually a bad idea, since it tends to
pull in other files, that in turn pull other files, and soon you
have to update the entire package...

For a shorter fix, we could include very specific sets of lines
from the new version of vnl_math.h.

Would it be enough if (in the meantime) we add only the fast
rounding functions  ?

    Please let us know what you think,