[Insight-developers] Streaming with ImageWriter and IORegion

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Dec 29 11:43:16 EST 2008

Hello,

	I submitted MetaImageIO  as bug #8333. The streaming pipeline is
working just fine; MetaIO is just failing to read it under these
conditions. I am going to commit the compare for
itkMetaImageStreamingWriterIOTest2 to verify that is just not a weird
mac issue. Then I will try to track it down if it's a cross platform
issue. I am also just discovering some problems with mhd vs mha files
too. I'm going to have to look at the interaction of a few things
here... Not sure what's going on...
	These problems are orthogonal to the posted enhancement though.
Please let me know what else you need for this enhancement.

Brad

On Dec 27, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>>    Thirdly, before I left work for the holiday, I had an idea what
>> the  cause of itkMetaImageStreamingWriterIOTest2 not producing the
>> correct  results. I think that MetaImageIO, streaming functionality
>> does not  work with non-square voxels. But I need to look into this
>> further to  be certain. I was planning on doing this on Monday.
>> Brad
> -------------------------
>
> Hi Brad,
>
> I don't quite see why pixel spacing would interfere in any way with
> the process of streaming the pixel data.
>
> As far of the streaming process is concerned, the pixel data is simply
> an array of bytes...
>
> It is more likely that other factors may be involved in this problem.
>

>   Luis

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine