No subject

Mon Dec 15 09:51:36 EST 2008

            -D_RWSTD_ALLOCATOR

would be the best option.

Normally we avoid adding this type of defines in the
compiler command line, and we rather set the #defines
in the file.

                         itkConfigure.h.in

With a line similar to:

       #cmakedefine   _RWSTD_ALLOCATOR

Let me try doing this change in this Sun machine (it is at Kitware),
and will report later on how it goes.

     Thanks,

          Luis

----------------------------------
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Tom Vercauteren <tom.vercauteren at m4x.org> w=
rote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to need help on that one:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=3D305373
>
> Sun cc compiler seems to not like the std::allocator :(
>
> I should be able to fix the "Cannot assign void* to XXX*" easily by
> simply adding an explicit static_cast.
>
> However I don't know how to handle the "destroy is not a member of
> std::allocator" issue. The only interesting information I found is
> here:
> =A0http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=3D5317335
> where two possible compiler options are proposed to fix the problem:
> =A0-library=3Dstlport4
> or
> =A0-D_RWSTD_ALLOCATOR
>
> Having absolutely no experience of sun, I have no clue whether any of
> those options seems reasonable for ITK.
>
> Another option of course would be to drop the use of std::allocator
> either entirely or only for sun within that unit test. However I do
> think that this std::allocator provides a nice example on how to
> extend ITK.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Tom
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 19:53, Tom Vercauteren <tom.vercauteren at m4x.org> w=
rote:
>> Thanks Bill,
>>
>> Even though, on that page
>> =A0http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/723te7k3.aspx
>> the prototype of allocate is shown as requiring 2 arguments, the
>> example provided on the same page only uses one.
>>
>> Also, MSVC 2003 has a default argument for the second argument:
>> =A0http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/723te7k3(VS.71).aspx
>>
>> Anyhow, let's see how it goes.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 19:42, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wr=
ote:
>>> It's not just VS6. See for example:
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/723te7k3.aspx
>>> which is for VS 2008.
>>>
>>> Your fix should be portable.
>>>
>>> Bil

estLib.cxx?root=3DInsight&r1=3D1.5&r2=3D1.6&sortby=3Ddate