[Insight-developers] filter output using external buffer

ChandraSekhar Nunna cs1975 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:22:30 EST 2008

hi all,

i have used an external buffer as an input to DiscreteGaussianImageFilter
the external buffer imported using ImportImageFilter using

importFilter->SetImportPointer( aCFCube_in, numberOfPixels,false );

the input image to the filter is passed in the following way,

aDisGauFilter->SetInput( importFilter->GetOutput() );

Once I execute the filter with aDisGauFilter->Update() method,

do I need to copy buffer using aDisGauFilter->GetOutput() method

or the filter is going to modifies the buffer pointer in importFilter

thanks in advance,

Warm regards,
Chandrasekhar