[Insight-developers] ITK 3.6 : RELEASE PREPARATION : INSIGHT JOURNAL

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 23 09:40:26 EST 2008

    The release of ITK 3.6 is scheduled for February 29th 2008.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_Schedule#Release_3.6_Schedule

  The preparation of this release involves three major tasks:

   a) Move validated code from the Code/Review directory
      to its final destination inside the toolkit

   b) Move papers from the Insight Journal to the
      Code/Review directory.

   c) Bug fixing

In order to manage task (b), Andinet has prepared a list of
the papers that are candidates to be moved into the Review
directory.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_Schedule#Contributions_from_IJ

The selection criteria was as follows:

    1) All papers with more than 3 (non-automated) reviews
       are in a high priority list.

    2) All papers with 2 (non-automated) reviews are in a
       low priority list.

We would like to hear your feedback regarding papers/method that
you would like to move up or down in the priority list.

Our approach will be the following:

    We start from the top of the list and move one paper
    at a time, until we run out of time (~Feb 15th).

Please let us know what papers/methods you would have interest
in seeing processed by ITK 3.6.

Keep in mind that the code in the review directory is *tentatively*
added to the toolkit. This code may be removed or its API can change
drastically during the review process.

    Thanks for your  feedback.