[Insight-developers] 0005795: Loading Dynamic Libraries in Mac (.dylib versus .so extension) - Mantis

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:52:08 EST 2008

Luis,

If I recall, we got around the kwsys issue by overriding kwsys's
LibExtension with ".dylib" if on the MAC. The code is on
Slicer3/Libs/ModuleDescriptionParser/ModuleFactory.cxx.  A similar
workaround is in Insight/Code/Common/itkObjectFactoryBase.cxx.

I think we were surprised when kwsys changed from .dylib to .so and did this
to protect ourselves from future changes in kwsys.

I would consider the bug to be closed.

Bill