[Insight-developers] image dump stl mesh files

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 02:50:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'd like to ask advice before I go too deep into this. I have an stl
model from a cad package that I'd like to render into a 3d image - not
a 3D display like the cad packages normally like to produce. This is a
cad file describing an MRI phantom that is going to be built and I'd
like to produce an equivalent MRI volume for simulation purposes.

I know I can read stl in vtk, and can probably transfer it back to itk
as a mesh spatial object, and perhaps render it from there. Is this
the best way to go? Any obvious problems or more appropriate pathways?