[Insight-developers] MAC Compile errors

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 11 10:11:35 EDT 2008

Hi Brad,

Thanks for looking into this.

It seems that we are dealing with two different problems.

A) Compilation errors in "mini1" and "mini2"

    (BTW: could you lease update the BUILDNAME of these
     machines to indicate their institutional affiliation ?
     something like mini1.nlm.gov, for example).

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=120638

with errors of type:

/.../Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/vnl_matlab_header.h:16: error:
variable or field 'type' declared void

B) We have link errors in "midworld" and "dashmacmini1"

    (that we have to rename to "midworld.kitware" and
     "dashmacmini1.kitware"  :-/  ...we are guilty as well... )

    http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=120670

    These link errors relate to interactions between the MetaIO
    and KWSys libraries:

For example:

Linking CXX shared library ../../bin/libITKMetaIO.dylib

ld: Undefined symbols:

itksys::SystemToolsManager::SystemToolsManager()
itksys::SystemToolsManager::~SystemToolsManager()
itksys::SystemTools::GetCurrentDateTime(char const*)

If you are convinced that errors in (A) are due to a buggy
Mac update, then removing the submissions is the way to go.

We are still tracking the errors in (B)....
any ideas are welcome,