[Insight-developers] make install fails with ITK-3.8 and CMake 2.6.0

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 30 14:33:42 EDT 2008

Tom Vercauteren wrote:
> Ubuntu Hardy
> ccmake version 2.6-patch 0
> ITK 3.8 with the following parameters
>   - BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON
>   - BUILD_TESTING OFF
>   - ITK_USE_REVIEW ON
>
> Let me know if you need more information.

What is CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX?  Do you use DESTDIR during the
installation?  Can you please add a MESSAGE command in the install
script right before the rpath check line:

MESSAGE("[$ENV{DESTDIR}${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin/itkTestDriver]")

and report the output?

> As a side question, I was wondering why the ITK tarballs contained the
> CVS repositories. Wouldn't it be cleaner to use a cvs export to strip
> these directories?

Historically, some users wanted to extract the tarball and then run cvs
update to get patches.  IMO it's ugly, but that's the current policy.

-Brad